Monday, August 30, 2010

My Teacher Comments for Teacher # 1

First comment:


pyb901
@CarenCarrillo Hello. My name is Pauline Brown and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I'm ... http://post.ly/j7lq


Hello. My name is Pauline Brown and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I'm a secondary education major, emphasis in the biological sciences. I will be assigned to your blog for the next couple weeks for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. Feel free to visit my blog: http://brownpaulineedm310.blogspot.com/

I do believe in multiple intelligences. As the school system is right now, do you think the classes are set up in a bias fashioned, catering more to the students with a specific type of intelligence or are they working more towards incorporating ways to reach out to the students who have high IQs in the not so well known intelligences? Also, how long have you been teaching?



Second comment:

@CarenCarrillo Wow. I love the way you structured your classroom time. If we give students an opportunity to talk... http://post.ly/egEo

Wow. I love the way you structured your classroom time. If we give students an opportunity to talk in an allotted time it would help a lot of restlessness. And furthermore, we control what they are talking about. I want to teach high school biology, and in MS the classes are almost 1.5 hours long. But i like your layout and I'm sure I can tweak it for the extended time period. Thank you again for your insight about their attention span and how you structure your class. I'm sure it helped a lot of teachers.

******************************************************************

Mrs. Carrillo has a lot of insights as a teacher. I can tell that she studies a lot of trends on her own time, which make her a much more resourceful teacher. She also has great tips on classroom time management. There are other blogs she wrote that I definitely want to check out and I encourage you to do the same. From what I read so far, she speaks in very direct, simple terms. I know a lot of teachers have their Masters and PhDs and are very intelligent people, but it's nice to read blogs that have the tone of everyday conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment