Monday, July 19, 2010

Blog Post 10

Welcome to My PLE!


I have to say that I was very impressed by her PLE. So far I'm only following two people on my PLN. Her PLE reminds me of my friend's iPhone with all those little colored squares. What stuck out most to me was the fact that she said she feels a sense of responsibility. It is also said, "to whom much is given, much is required." They are given all the freedom in how they do things and in which order they do things, as long as they do them. I work mostly with older teenagers, but I do have to repent for not thinking that a younger teenager in middle school could be that responsible. Truth be told, I just need to sit down and play with all these tools so I can get it. She could mark her bookmarks using delicious, I'm still confused about that tool and that's probably one of the easier ones that I've attempted. Her access to information and experts who can respond to her assignments are quite eye-opening.

Two questions that can change your life

Two questions that can change your life from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.



Everyone wants to leave a legacy, but how will they remember me?

There are a lot of things that people are remembered for: singing hit songs, ending wars, inventing things, passing helpful laws, being the favorite teacher, etc..., the list goes on.

In the video they kept using the word "sentence," but in my mind, the more appropriate question is, "What's your legacy?"

All of us have goals, the question is will we be remembered for actually reaching our goals? It doesn't matter if the whole world remembers you are not, all that matters is if the people you were supposed to leave an impression on remember you or not.

My sentence: Destiny without discipline lacks purpose: my purpose is to be the Menorah who Elohim has created me to be, never growing weary of doing good and always remembering my first love, which is Him.

My question: Did I put more effort in today than the day before to encourage people to chase after the Hem of His garment?

No comments:

Post a Comment