Monday, July 19, 2010

Blog Post 9

Read An Open Letter To Educators

Hello, I'm a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class.
The video was a breath of fresh air, that's for sure. A lot of my experience in my college classrooms have been lectured-base with powerpoints and very little interaction with my peers. I have to say that in my smaller classes I was blessed to have teachers that were motivated in learning our names and mingling and encouraging class participation. The last 1.5 years of my college education I can honestly say that there have been at least 6 or 7 text books I've never read or studied from. Most teachers just test off their powerpoint slides anyway which chops a lot from the book.
I know plenty of smart, inquisitive and creative people. Most of them don't have a degree. I am paying to go to school and learning under professors, but my friends know pretty much the same things as I do. They google and research and learn, the only difference is that I'm paying someone to give me a grade about what I google, research and learn.


ALEX (Alabama Learning Exchange)

I checked out this website. I have to say that it is way easier to navigate than the Mississippi Board of Education website that I had to familiarize myself with at my old university. I think this website is definitely more user friendly and better organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment