Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blog Post 11

Little Kids...Big Potential



Ms. Cassidy's classroom was a joy to watch. She incorporated a lot of technological tools in her classroom. I noticed that the young children were interactive with a smartboard, as well as had time to work on laptops and even use flip cameras. They seem to really enjoy having access to all these things. My favorite part was skyping with the geologist. I do want to teach science at the high school level and I think it would be awesome to communicate live with some people in particular fields of science.

Having them blog encourages their creativity. They're young, so their blog probably consists of stories from their imagination. While they are communicating their lines of thought they are learning how to make sentences flows and practice their spelling.

I watched the video conversation also. She did point out that "technology" from 10/20 years ago isn't the same thing as "technology" today; I never really thought about it that way, but now that I think about it, she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment