Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog Post # 5

Eagles' Nest Radio & Class Blog

This presentation blew me away. I know the kids had to have had fun while making it. The whole newscast angle really made it creative. I think the kids did an excellent job in playing their role in the script. I like the idea of podcast become some people are camera shy, but are just fine when it's just voices :) And still being able to play dress up is always a plus. Costumes are always fun fun. A fantastic job, indeed.



This video was very helpful. I was having a hard time with my embedding my podcast in my blog. I thought I exported it and saved it the right way and things like that. But in the end, I just ended up recording my screen with my recorded podcast playing, so technically I still embedded a video. So I'm going to try again to embed it as a regular podcast. I think this was a great tutorial.


100 Ways to Use your iPod



This was a very useful article. 100 ways is a lot of uses for something that a lot of people only think plays music and some videos. I used to be one of those people who thought it only played music and and some videos. I can't honestly say how proactive i will be in trying to understand and use all these tools for my ipod, between my smartphone and my laptop I get along pretty well. But for young people who might not have laptops or smartphones, but do have an ipod, I think learning these techniques would be good for them and even for us teachers to learn so we can share then with our students. I would be the coolest biology teacher on campus if I encouraged them to study and recite memory things using their ipods! lol

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline,

    I am Jessica Hadaway and I am assigned to your blog#5 this week. The Eagle's Nest radio podcast was so creative. It's exciting to see and hear children learning in different ways. In your comments on how to create a podcast I could identify with the troubles you experienced. My group and I had the same issues but after two hours we got it!...when you want something bad enough you will do whatever it takes. I was very suprised at what all an iPod can do as well. I actually have an MP3..I know I am so behind, right? I am asking for an iPod for Christmas! I love the capabilities of the iPods. Yes, your students will think you are the coolest teacher ever for letting them use their iPods. Many Blessings to you on your journey to becoming a Teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica ^_^
    Wow, two hours is a long time! Maybe you can give me the quick rundown, considering I still haven't figured it out yet. lol. Thank you for your blessings, you too ^_^ Be very blessed in your journey as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pauline,

    I just started using an iPod and I can't believe how much I can do with it! I can see how an iPod could be so useful in the classroom. You explain it well when you describe how it is useful and why the students would love it!

    Good post Pauline,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete