Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blog Post # 6



This video had some good points. I think it depends on the type of learner the student is to be able to do something like that long term. I can admit that I have a problems with organizing information, that's why I prefer textbooks b/c it's all there at my finger tips. Of course I sometimes supplement my notes with some things offline, but it's very few and far between b/c when i search for stuff it takes hours and hours to find what I'm looking for. And of course I wouldn't mind listening to other professors in their areas of expertise for free, not sure how the people paying to go to those elite universities would feel about that though. I also think it depends on the subject area you're studying. For example, I'm a science major, but a lot of science journals cost money to see either way. A lot of them are free too, but the free ones are like looking for a needle in a haystack. And I know there are a lot of psyche classes, but I'm not sure how I would feel if someone who had all psyche classes like with no textbooks or tests as far as I know, to diagnose someone. But overall, connectivity and seeing other point of views is a good thing.



A symbaloo is a cool thing. I have one, but I don't use it that much. But I think it's a good tool for something like that. All her assignments and blogs and responses and tasks and homework were all in one area for her instead of going through numerous web pages, clicking link after link to find stuff. It's great that she felt the responsibility of having to complete all her work. After all, the Word says not to despise youth. So as teachers we should be able to trust them with more things. Plus learning time management at a young age will definitely help them for when they get to college. My lack of time management is one of the reasons I'm repeating this, after all.



I think his speech reached people. I'm sure whoever watches this video would do an introspection about their own view of self. There were a lot of quotes he used from other people that I'm sure are echoing in everyone's mind by now.
The lack of community, people becoming fragmented and people being narcissistic has already been written: "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves..." 2 Timothy 3:1. If you continue to read through verse five, a lot of what is written is displayed throughout the world, throughout media and social networks.
Near the end of the speech, he was showing all sorts of people making videos to anyone who had access to it. For it is written: " 9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. " Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.
Yes, youtube is a community of sorts, but even with youtube videos, the video about free hugs still stands out the most. But why? Because we need each other. All those hugs made more of a difference in people's lives versus talking to a camera. Praise G-d we can see others sharing love, but that's my point. It's love what people are looking for, what they are crying out for. And yes, it would be awesome for people to respond to video posts and things like that, but for all those people making the "confessional" ones, I promise a real hug, a genuine act of love that they could feel would have changed their lives.
And I posted this last time, but I believe it would be good to post it again, regarding a new definition for "whatever."

The Fellowship Committed to Doing WHATEVER It Takes

I am part of the fellowship committed to doing "Whatever It Takes."
I have the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit).
The die has been cast.
I've stepped over the line.
I am out of the comfort zone.
The decision has been made.
I am a disciple of His.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, or back away.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living,
sight walking, small planning, smooth knees,
colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking,
chincy giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized,
praise, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by presence,
lean by faith,
love by patience,
lift by prayer
and labor by power.
My face is set,
my gait is fast,
my goal is heaven,
my road is narrow,
my way is rough,
my companions are few,
my G-d is reliable,
my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away,
turned back, diluted, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,
hesitate in the presence of adversity,
negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity,
or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up,
shut up,
let up,
or burn up
-till
I've preached up,
prayed up,
paid up,
stored up,
and stayed up
for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah)
I must go till He comes,
give till I drop,
preach till all know
and work till He stops.
And when He comes to get His own,
He'll have no problem recognizing me
because I have dedicated my life to being part of the
fellowship committed to doing...
WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

~author unknown~

2 comments:

  1. 1. You can't carry around textbooks all your life.
    2. Have you used Delicious. It really, no really helps when you are doing research on the web.
    3. Are you getting better at time management? It seems like you are.
    4. I think I reported my research on the various groups using the fellowship to do whatever approach. And the various reputed sources for the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. Strange.
    As much as I think I'm opening up to this digital era versus a couple months ago...I still like textbooks :) But am more than willing to use web-based resources :)
    I have played around with Delicious a little bit. It seems more complicated than just bookmarking like I normally by adding certain websites in certain folders, but then again practice makes permanent :)

    ReplyDelete